About :LanguageTutor" products:
From moreVocabulary, LanguageTutor (Standard edition and Student edition) learning software makes you efficiently practice with 6,500 (2,700 for StudentTutor) most useful words and short expressions of English, Spanish or French vocabulary and finally remember them.
The software features two stages of progression: the lesson stage to assess your actual level of knowledge and the repetition stage to exercise your memory using the powerful and well proven spaced repetition algorithm.
English speakers can practice their Spanish or French. French speakers can practice their English or Spanish.
Spanish speakers can use the same application for learning English or French, as a matter of fact, in the most productive manner.
IMPORTANT NOTE about LanguageTutor "Student" version
The last update you downloaded (version 1.6.7) is the actual full product. The databases are complete with about 2,700 questions organized in 54 lessons. This full product has a 3-day trial period before you buy.
E-mail us at moreVocabulary@gmail.com to tell us about your comments or to ask us a question.
All products are:
LanguageTutor EN+FR / LanguageTutor EN+SP and StudentTutor EN+FR / StudentTutor EN+SP
LanguageTutor FR+EN / LanguageTutor FR+SP and StudentTutor FR+EN / StudentTutor FR+SP
LanguageTutor SP+EN / LanguageTutor SP+FR and StudentTutor SP+EN / StudentTutor SP+FR
All features at a glance:
- Dual-language combinations: English-Spanish or French-English or Spanish-French.
- Two databases available allowing for reverse learning
- 6,500 questions organized in 54 lessons and nine categories (2,700 questions for StudentTutor)
- Two stages: lesson and repetition
- Spaced repetition learning technique
- Two levels of difficulties
- Up to three users can log on alternatively
- Words and expressions delivered in context when needed
- Four lessons can be selected at any time
- Simple and efficient user interface
- Contextual help menus and tooltips
- Integrated FAQ and help pages
- Visual and audio aids to track progress
- Last question and its answers are kept on screen
- Waiver button for difficult words
- Integrated feedback button
- Richest possible vocabulary (twice as many words than a school book)
- Up to four correct answers for each word
- Learning grammar about number and gender of nouns and the irregular adjective forms
- Learning nearly 10,000 words in total (4,500 words for StudentTutor)
- Auto-correction for some space typing mistakes
- Time-saving procedure for nouns (article) and verbs (to) in English
- Comfortable screen size and a no distraction screen option
- Direct access to dictionary and audio files to listen to words pronunciation
- Works on Windows, Linux and Mac OS X